About the Program
The SIR40116 Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy provides the competencies required by senior skilled pharmacy assistants who use a sound knowledge of a broad range of pharmacy products and health care support services. Individuals in this role may also take a lead role in coordinating front of pharmacy business activities, and depending on the job role, work under the overall or direct supervision of a pharmacist, and may have team leading or supervisory responsibilities. The SIR40116 Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy is designed to build upon and develop existing skills and knowledge and improve overall workplace efficiency.
- Front of Pharmacy Supervisor
- Senior Pharmacy Assistant
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- have achieved the Certificate III in Community Pharmacy
- have relevant industry employment experience as a community pharmacy assistant in a job role that has involved the application of skills and knowledge described in core units of competency from SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy, and
- have a statement of attainment in the unit SIRCIND002 Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines.
Students are required to be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment).
Students will also be required to provide their Unique Student Identifier ((USI) which we can assist with), photo identification and meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
Students are required to be employed, or intend to be employed, within a Community Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant, which will allow you to complete and document a range of applicable work tasks.
This course can be conducted online, blended, work-based or in the classroom. Training is delivered through our Registered Training Organisation: Alpine Training Pty Ltd RTO ID 41511.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a: Nationally recognised Certificate & Transcript or Statement of Attainment (if found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency).
The SIR40116 Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy requires you to complete 14 units of competencies: 3 core units and 11 elective units.
The units of competence shown below have been selected by Alpine Training based on the course purpose.
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- SIRCCPM001 Assist in managing Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- SIRCINF001 Use pharmacy practices for infection control
- SIRCPPA001 Assist customers with vitamins, minerals and supplements
- SIRCPPA002 Assist customers with eye and ear care products
- SIRCPPA007 Assist customers with pregnancy and maternal health products and services
- SIRCPPA003 Assist customers with first aid products
- SIRCPPA013 Assist customers with smoking cessation products
- SIRCPPA004 Assist customers with oral care products