About the Program
The SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy provides the competencies required by skilled pharmacy assistants who use a sound knowledge of a broad range of pharmacy products and health care support services. Individuals in this role may also assist with a limited range of dispensary activities and providing technical advice and support to team members. The SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy is designed to build and develop the skills and knowledge and improve overall workplace efficiency.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Pharmacy Sales
- Assistant Pharmacy Assistant
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent. Students are required to be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment).
Students will also be required to provide their Unique Student Identifier ((USI) which we can assist with), photo identification and meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
Students will be required to undertake a minimum of 80 work or placement hours within a Community Pharmacy, which will allow you to complete and document a range of applicable work tasks. If students are not currently employed by a suitable Organisation, students are encouraged to locate their own work placement. We may be able to assist you if you have any difficulties.
This course can be conducted online, blended, work-based or in the classroom. Training is delivered through our Registered Training Organisation: Alpine Training Pty Ltd RTO ID 41511.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a: Nationally recognised Certificate & Transcript or Statement of Attainment (if found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency).
The SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy requires you to complete 19 units of competencies: 11 core units and 8 elective units.
The units of competence shown below have been selected by Alpine Training based on the course purpose.
- SIRCCCS002 Provide and promote services to pharmacy customers
- SIRCDIS001 Assist customers with prescriptions
- SIRCIND001 Work effectively in a community pharmacy
- SIRCIND002 Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines
- SIRCINF001 Use pharmacy practices for infection control
- SIRCPPA005 Assist customers with cough and cold relief products
- SIRCPPA006 Assist customers with skin and anti-fungal products
- SIRCPPA008 Assist customers with products for gastro-intestinal conditions
- SIRCPPA009 Assist customers with allergy relief products
- SIRCPPA010 Assist customers with analgesic and anti-inflammatory products
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SIRRMER001 Produce visual merchandise displays
- SIRCPPA001 Assist customers with vitamins, minerals, and supplements
- SIRCPPA002 Assist customers with eye and ear care products
- SIRCPPA003 Assist customers with first aid products
- SIRCPPA004 Assist customers with oral care products
- SIRCPPA007 Assist customers with pregnancy and maternal health products and services
- SIRCPPA011 Assist customers with baby and infant care products
- SIRCPPA013 Assist customers with smoking cessation products