Smart and Skilled is a NSW Government program that helps people get qualifications in in-demand skills and industries. It’s a key part of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system.
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
For more information regarding all areas of the Smart and Skilled programs including eligibility, approved courses, fees, and providers, please see the Smart and Skilled website: https://education.nsw.gov.au/skills-nsw
To be eligible for training under Smart and Skilled you need to:
- live or work in NSW
- be aged 15 years or older
- have left school
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, you’re eligible for Smart and Skilled training.
Alpine Education currently offer two streams of programs under Smart and Skilled:
- Entitlement Full Qualification
Entitlement Full Qualification provides fee subsidisation for eligible students to complete up to a Certificate III level in their chosen industry/course.
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine formal study with on-the-job training. Once you know the industry and traineeship course you’re interested in, you’ll need to find an employer who will take you on as a new trainee. It’s like looking for a job – only with plenty of help and support available.