About the Program
Get started in a rewarding career with our CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services. This industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors in Australia.
With this qualification, you can work in an entry-level role with the supervision of your employer, either directly or indirectly. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Child or Youth Residential Care Assistant
- Indigenous or Multicultural Support Worker
There are no academic entry requirements for these qualifications. Students are required to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI) which we can assist with, photo identification and meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
This course can be conducted online, blended, work-based or in the classroom. Training is delivered through our Registered Training Organisation: Alpine Training Pty Ltd RTO ID 41511.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a: Nationally recognised Certificate & Transcript or Statement of Attainment (if found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency).
This qualification will also offer pathway into other courses including:
- CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services in Business OR
- CHC52015 Diploma in Community Services
To successfully complete this qualification, you require 12 units of competency. These 12 units are comprised of 5 core units and 7 elective units. The units of competency shown below have been selected by Alpine Training based on the course purpose.
- CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCCOM001 Provide first point of contact
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients